😦 about a week and a half ago, I started to notice the leaves of my black beans were a bit off. They had tiny little spots on them. I thought it might be because of the grow lights. I also had not noticed any other problems with the plans and could not see any other problem. So I moved the light a bit farther away. I did not help.
What did finally point me to the problem was one of my outdoor plants got spider mites, and I notices the leaves looked the same as my indoor plant. BOO! I lost my outdoor plants as it is still raining and just washing the spray off.
When I got back inside, I turned over some of the worst looking leaves and low and behold there were the same types of mites! I cut the worst of the leaves off and put those in plastic bags. I then started to spray the beans with Neem Oil. This will be my plan for the next 2 weeks.
I hope this will kill the mites and my beans can get back to producing!
Sometime around the first of June, I planted about 8 to 10 black beans seeds. I was not expecting much from them. Originally, I had them on my porch. After a few weeks, maybe 3, I did not think they were getting enough sun. So I brought them inside to put them under the grow lamps. Still, not expecting much. I switched up the amount of light a few times. Currently, they have one small lamp on them with red and blue light. It is a 24W LED light I got on Amazon. They started to flower last week! I have a few bean pods growing now! From what I have read, they are self-pollinating, but generally, self-pollinating plants still need a bit of help. So I need to remember to shake the plants a few times a week to make sure I get good production. I am pretty excited to get some production on my indoor plants! I added some fertilizer yesterday since I had not added any for a few weeks. Hopefully, the beans will continue to do well!